Regional Sediment Management (RSM)
A systems approach using best management practices for more efficient and effective use of sediments in coastal, estuarine, and inland environments = Healthy Systems.
- Navigation, Flood Risk Mgmt, Ecosystem Restoration, Emergency Mgmt:
– Short/long-term economically viable & environmentally sustainable solutions
- Recognizes sediment as a valuable resource (local and regional).
- Link and leverage across multiple projects, authorities, business lines
- Improve operational efficiencies & natural exchange of sediments
- Consider regional implications of local actions - Adaptive Management
- Enhance & share tools, technologies, lessons learned for RSM approaches
- Improved relationships through collaboration and decision making